Thanks to SeaPea for forwarding this.
Elvis - Jesus Similarities:
- Jesus said: "Love thy neighbor". (Matthew 22:39)
Elvis said: "Don't be cruel". (RCA, 1956)
- Jesus is the Lord's shepherd.
Elvis dated Cybill Shepherd.
- Jesus was part of the Trinity.
Elvis' first band was a trio.
- Jesus walked on water. (Matthew 14:25)
Elvis surfed. (Blue Hawaii, Paramount, 1965)
- Jesus' entourage, the Apostles, had 12 members.
Elvis' entourage, the Memphis Mafia, had 12 members.
- Jesus was resurrected.
Elvis had the famous 1968 "comeback" TV special.
- Jesus said, "If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink". (John 7:37)
Elvis said, "Drinks on me!". (Jailhouse Rock, MGM, 1957)
- Jesus fasted for 40 days and nights.
Elvis had irregular eating habits. (e.g. 5 banana splits for breakfast)
- Jesus is a Capricorn. (December 25)
Elvis is a Capricorn. (January 8)
- Matthew was one of Jesus' many biographers. (The Gospel According to Matthew)
Neil Matthews was one of Elvis' many biographers. (Elvis: A Golden Tribute)
- "Jesus' countenance was like lightning, and his raiment white as snow". (Matthew 28:3)
Elvis wore snow-white jumpsuits with lightning bolts.
- Jesus lived in state of grace in a Near Eastern land.
Elvis lived in Graceland in a nearly eastern state.
- Mary, an important woman in Jesus' life, had an Immaculate Conception.
Priscilla, an important woman in Elvis' life, went to Immaculate Conception High School.
- Jesus was first and foremost the Son of God.
Elvis first recorded with Sun Studios, which today are still considered to be his foremost recordings.
- Jesus was the lamb of God.
Elvis had mutton chop sideburns.
- Jesus' Father is everywhere.
Elvis' father was a drifter, and moved around quite a bit.
- Jesus was a carpenter.
Elvis' favorite high school class was wood work.
- Jesus wore a crown of thorns.
Elvis wore Royal Crown hair styler.
- Jesus H. Christ has 12 letters.
Elvis Presley has 12 letters.
- No one knows what the "H" in "Jesus H. Christ" stood for.
No one was really sure if Elvis' middle name was "Aron" or "Aaron".
- Jesus is often depicted in pictures with a halo that looks like a gold plate.
Elvis' face is often depicted on a plate with gold trim and sold through TV.
- Jesus said: "Man shall not live by bread alone".
Elvis liked his sandwiches with peanut butter and bananas.
Have you ever seen them both at the same time?